textured...

For those of you who hopped around with the CI team yesterday, I hope you had lots of fun and were inspired! For those of you who may have missed it, you still have some time to complete the hop and be entered for the prize pack drawing!  Start HERE.  You have until Sunday Dec. 18 at 6pm eastern time to enter!  Good luck!

Now, for today's project... It's been a while since I played with modeling paste.  I pulled it out to work on an up coming tutorial, and had so much fun with it that I just kept creating. =) 

 The textured background was made with modeling paste and embossing powder. I used some plastic canvas as a stencil for the paste, then covered it with embossing powder. When you heat it, the embossing powder melts, and the paste bubbles... you get a lot of really neat texture!

I wanted my greeting to match the card, so I die cut a white oval and covered it with several layers of the same embossing powder I used for the background. While the powders were still hot, I pressed my inked greeting onto it... Because I stamped it while the things were hot, the greeting is slightly debossed.  I love the look!

Well, I probably should be getting busy doing something highly productive... I can't believe how close Christmas is!

Enjoy!
~Kassi

Supplies Used
Paper: Coredinations, white cardstock
Ink: Distress Ink (Iced Spruce, Brushed Corduroy), StazOn (Jet Black), Archival Ink (Coffee), VersaMark
Stamps: TPC Studio "Secret Garden Collage"
Creative Inspirations Paint: Fairy Dust
Dies: Quickutz "Nesting Ovals"
Other: embossing powder, modeling paste, tulle, foam mounting squares

Comments